Baby W-R Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Yummy Spring and Summer Food


Yummy spaghetti with home grown tomatoes and peppers
Yummy lasagna with homegrown tomatoes


Okay so I didn't make this, but I did get it in the summer!

Well these look yummy, to bad I don't like tomatoes!

Yummy fried green tomatoes (these I actually do like!)
Homegrown peppers!
And the canning, oh the canning!! (I am out of almost everything, sadness)


I miss summer foods. I miss going out to my garden and picking the fresh veggies for our meals, or going to the farmer's market and getting stuff for supper. I miss gardening, sitting in the sun, seeing green instead of white. 
I am so sick of winter food, I know it is my fault for making "winter food." All I ever feel like making in the winter are casseroles, soups, and other heavy, Minnesotan foods. So yesterday I decided to go through my cookbooks and find more "springy" food! Of course that means the grocery bill goes up because I am not just using deer and chicken meat, but oh the flavors! Now I just need to get through the rest of this weeks menu so next week I can start on my spring foods!
-Christa

No comments: