Baby W-R Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, January 12, 2006

first day of classes

The word algebra comes from the ninth century Arabic book Hisab al-Jabr w'al-Muqabala, written by al-Khowarizmi. The title refers to transposing and combing terms, two processes used in solving equations. In Latin traslations the title was shortened to Aljabr, from which we get the word algebra. The author's name itself made its way into the English language in the form of our word algorithm.
I just thought everyone would like to know that, I had my first day of class today, I only had one. It was precalc. I am pretty sure I will do better this time, the teacher grades on a curve so that is very nice and he seems much better than my last teacher plus for math I like boy teachers better than girl teachers. We can't use computers so now I can't play solitare or update my blog during class so that is a very good thing!!

Christa Ann Wadekamper

No comments: