Baby W-R Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Yea I did it!!

Me, Cassie, and Amy after the race
Me and Mama on the shoreline on Friday

All of us girls on Friday
Well I did it! I ran/walked the 1/2 marathon, yea!!! Now I can't really walk and I am going to have to say good-bye to a toe nail!! I didn't train for the race at all so I am glad I was able to finish it. I ran 3 times in March and that was it!!! I finished in 2 hrs 58 min, so just under 3 hours! At the convention I bought new shoes and a new sports bra to wear, good thing I did because my boobs were sore with that good one, I can't image how they would have felt if I wore the sports bra I had! I did have fun though. On Friday we explored Duluth a little bit and we had the spaghetti dinner. Saturday I had to get up at 4AM to run!! The race started at 6:30 but we had to be on the bus at 5:00, that is why we had to get up so early. After the race we hobbled back (mostly it was me hobbling) to the van and went back to the campsite. I took a shower right away because I smelled and was full of salt (from sweating) I felt horrible because I was slightly dehydrated and I was super sore!! After lunch we laid around for awhile then went back to watch a band for a little bit. After that we ate at Grandma's Restaurant. I hardly ate anything because my stomach shrunk to the size of a penny, just kidding, I just didn't eat much! I went to bed super early. This morning we got up and went right away. Mother and I got our tent down and packed up way faster then Cassie, Amy, and Adam because we are pros!! On the way home Mother got pulled over because she went speeding through Lonsdale!! The cop said he clocked her at 41 in a 30 and he paced her at 80 in a 55!! He just gave her a ticket for the 41 in a 30, hahaha!! I thought it was all very funny because she always says that she hasn't gotten a ticket since high school, hahaha, not anymore!! Okay well I am sore from sitting here so I have to move now!
Christa




1 comment:

Sharon said...

I was not going 80!!!! It is going to cost me $130. I think you should pay half since it is your fault I got the ticket!