Baby W-R Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Whew, what a busy weekend!

So I know I have told you what I have been up to but here is a recap of my weekend, Thursday-Dad and Rita were here, Friday-Mom, Neva, Terrance, Rick, and Avis were here, Jese's Graduation, Saturday-Alicia, Brandon, Liz, Jesse, Molly, Jessica, David, and Jenna were here, Sunday-went to waseca. It was very very busy, but lots of fun! We enjoyed our weekend very much even though it was busy, the food was great, the company was great, all-in-all everything was great! Tonight I finished my Christmas Cards, I cut some people out this year, at first I had about 50 cards to do but I decided that it was just going to cost to much so I went through my cards last year that I got and decided to mail cards just to our aunts/uncles, grandparents, and any cousins (or whoever) that sent us cards last year, otherwise we just have way to big of a family! I guess I am not completely done, I have to color two more cards and then I will be done! Total I will have 29 to mail out!

One of my first memories about learning manners goes all the way back to elementary school. I had a choir concert and a lady afterwards told me we did a good job and I said (not very nicely) yea, I know! After that my parents told me that it wasn't very polite to say that and I should have said thank you instead. What I have realized lately is not everyone has learned very good manners, whether it be not knowing when you shouldn't say certain things, lying and not admitting to it, being antisocial, rude, ruining other peoples things, or intentionally putting someone in a bad situation . I know I am not perfect and I am probably do some of these things too sometimes, but I try not to. These weekend seeing so many people in a short amount of time I got to see many of these things happen and it made me grateful that my parents taught me some manners. I am sorry if anyone reads this and is offended by me writing about these things but I just wanted to say, if you go visit someone or are at work, or even just in a store, think about others not just yourself. If you see someone struggling to open a door because their hands are full, help them out. If you have a large amount of groceries and the person behind just has one thing, let them go first, an extra minute in line won't kill you (and yes I have done this before), if someone invites you over and has favors for you, don't be greedy and take more than you are given. If someone invites you over don't just ignore the offer, respond to them. When you are watching a performance of some kind with a loved one, don't hang on them, it makes it hard for other people to see.
Maybe I am just picky, maybe I am to whinny, or maybe people are forgetting common courtesy and I am right. Either way before you do something you may latter regret, think about it and if you still think it is right, than do it but think about it first.
Once again, if anyone doesn't like that I spoke my opinion and find things in here they may have found themselves doing at one time, I am sorry but just think about it and maybe, just maybe you will see where I am coming from.

On another note, this is my fist week of break, yea!! No classes until Jan. 12th!! Have a great week!

Christa
Only 11 days till Christmas

1 comment:

Sharon said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CHRISTA AND JESE!!!!!!